Rules for school at Sandnes Mosque:
The mosque offers lessons for students from 6-16 years. Here, students will receive instruction in the Koran and Islam, so that they acquire basic knowledge about Islam and perform their daily duties to Allah.
We want students to be able to read the Koran properly, understand the principles of Islam, increase their knowledge and implementing the knowledge in their day to day practice.
The schooling includes:
- Lecture-authored "QAWAAID" for those who are unable to read the Koran in Arabic.
- Lecture and recitation of Quran (Nazrah).
- Surah memorized from 30.Juz
- Salah-book (prayer-book) with Norwegian translations; Faith, Salaah, Janazah, Dua'a, Important aqaaid m.m.
- Lecture about hadith in both Norwegian and Arabic.
- Reading the book "A Child's Introduction to Islam»
- Tales and stories from the Quran, Hadith and the Islamic golden age
- Cozy moments in the last quarter on special occasions.
APART FROM normal lectures, there are arrenged outdoor trips, biking, cabin stays, grilling, fotball games etc.
Education payment is 150 per child per month. It is being used to purchase educational materials and organizing program / trips for children and youth.
If there are more siblings; the price is following:
For 2 siblings: 250 kr.
For 3 siblings or more: Max 300 Kr. per family
It is desirable that the guardians pay fixed in advance each month to account No.: 3260.31.56993
20 % off if you pay for a whole year in advance
10 % off if you pay for 6 months in advance
Those who really have difficulty in paying online, can do the payment to the teacher or the board and get a receipt, otherwise consult with the teacher or the board for more information.
Payment is paid for each month except the month children receive holiday from the mosque.
- Students get a "notepad" where the teacher writes character, new lesson and what you have read in the mosque DAILY.
- Guardian must sign that they have read and seen progress every day so that they can contribute to help children.
- If parents do not sign then it may cause the student not recieving a new lesson or recieve less next time. REMEMBER this does not apply to students on QAWAAID.
- If the student is absent from school he / she must have a written statement from the guardians (can also call and notify). Students receive remark if he/she has not written notification.
- If the student is absent from school for more than two consecutive weeks, will he/she be expelled from the school, if there is not an acceptable reason.
- All students who have more than 30 days of absence totaling, will be expelled from teaching, if there is no acceptable reason.
- Students who are expelled from teaching must pay a fee of 300 kroner to participate again.
- If the student comes more than 10 minutes late, the teacher can deny he/she to participate in lecture. A valid notification from guardians must be presented.
- Spoken message from guardians directly to the teacher is also acceptable.
- Guardian must ensure that the student does all the homework that one gets from the teacher.
- Guardian will meet up at parent meetings.
- The school has no responsibility for the student's transportation to and from school.
- In school, all boys should wear a Taqiyah (cap), and the girls should wear scarves (Hijab).
- Mobile phones are not allowed. If parents want to notify they can call the number 450 37 978. But if it's important that children have a mobile, then the teacher should be notified by guardians.
- If a students are collected by parents, it's fine if they can be precise with time, so that the children dont stay outside and wait/freeze.
- BEFORE START AND AFTER END OF SCHOOL, IT IS THE PARENTS WHO HAVE RESPONSIBILITY FOR CHILDREN. TEACHER OR MOSQUE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR HAPPENINGS OUTSIDE MOSQUE AREA, OR BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL.
- Students must also show respect for the teacher, Mosque, elders, benches, Koranen etc.
- If the student does not behave properly, or has not done his homework, there may come a decision that the student will have to stay after class.
- All complaints to the school should be made written and given to the teacher.
Subject to change of rules.
ISLAMIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIRES BOTH PARENTS AND PUPILS SHOW RESPECT TO THE TEACHER, KORAN, MEDELEVER, MOSQUE, ELDERS, BENCHES M.M.